NEW! HV CoIIN 2.0 Fact Sheets
HV CoIIN 2.0 created five new fact sheets highlighting our work in our various workstreams, our approach to CQI and the supports we provide, as well as our progress to date. Check them out below and share with colleagues in the field!
- HV CoIIN 2.0 General Fact Sheet: This fact sheet describes how a Collaborative works, the difference between our workstreams (Scale and New Topics), the communities we serve, and what's next for HV CoIIN 2.0.
- HV CoIIN 2.0: Addressing Intimate Partner Violence (IPV): This fact sheet provides information on IPV and how home visiting can play a critical role in providing support and referral services. It highlights our goals, strategies for improvement, and current progress to date.
- HV CoIIN 2.0: Scaling Tested Improvement: This fact sheet outlines what it means to “scale improvements” and what is needed to do so successfully. It demonstrates how HV CoIIN 2.0 builds on the success of HV CoIIN 1.0 and to support states lead large-scale improvements in home visiting services.
- HV CoIIN 2.0: Addressing Developmental Promotion, Early Detection, and Linkage to Services: This fact sheet outlines the importance of investing in early detection and timely linkage to services and how they can positively impact developmental and behavioral concerns. It highlights how HV CoIIN is partnering with New Jersey and their local implementing agencies scaling improvements in the previously tested topic area of developmental promotion, early detection, and linkage to services.
- HV CoIIN 2.0: Addressing Maternal Depression: This fact sheet outlines the prevalence of maternal depression and the challenges it can cause for children and families. The fact sheet highlights how HV CoIIN 2.0 is building on the success of HV CoIIN 1.0 and scaling these improvements with local home visiting agencies across the country.
HV CoIIN 2.0 Scale Virtual Series
Want to learn more about what it means to Scale and how your state can ignite breakthrough change? Register for our 4-part virtual series here. Find all recordings and slides from each session below:
- Part 1: Breakthrough Benefits: In this session, you’ll hear about the importance of spread work, ways to spread, and how Rhode Island’s state MIECHV team and local implementing agencies are moving towards breakthrough change in maternal depression outcomes across the state. Recording here
- Part 2: How You Can Achieve Breakthrough Benefits: In this session, Alabama and Louisiana state MIECHV teams share their journey from small scale CQI projects to running their statewide collaboratives—spreading tested interventions using the Breakthrough Series Framework and reaching breakthrough change with local agencies throughout their state.
- Part 3: Innovations: In this session, you’ll find out how New Jersey and West Virginia state MIECHV teams and local implementing agencies are igniting parent leadership in CQI—coproducing service improvements
- Part 4: What's Next? In this session, we’ll give you a sneak preview of our next wave of improvement and innovation topics and how to join this national movement! You’ll learn how our support works, why this will work for you, and the flexible coaching, tools, and resources that you’ll receive.
HV CoIIN News and Publications
Check out the various news articles and other publications featuring HV CoIIN from the field.
National Quality Improvement Initiative in Home Visiting Services Improves Breastfeeding Initiation and Duration: Published in Academic Pediatrics. This article outlines HV CoIIN's goals, process, and outcomes related to our work with HRSA's Maternal Infant and Early Childhood home visiting programs to improve rates of exclusive breastfeeding using the Breakthrough Series framework. HV CoIIN's own Elaine Fitzgerald Lewis and Mary Mackrain were co-authors along with partners from Brigham and Women's Hospital, MaryCatherine Arbour and Sidney Atwood. Find the abstract here.
The theme of the August 2016 newsletter was breastfeeding. HV CoIIN's Elaine Fitzgerald Lewis described a breastfeeding toolkit developed as part of a quality improvement effort in the Boston area that improved breastfeeding rates (page 4). Read
The April 2017 newsletter highlights the HV-CoIIN's work around family engagement, strategies for engaging families in continuous quality improvement. Read
The June 2017 newsletter discussed one LIA's experience in implementing Mothers and Babies in HV CoIIN 1.0. Read
Family Engagement in Home Visiting: This webinar features a virtual presentation and dialogue with two nationally recognized experts in family engagement and highlights HV CoIIN's innovative approaches to promote enrollment and retention. Watch
Moving the Bar for Maternal Depression: System & Practice Strategies That Work: This webinar features a live virtual presentation and dialogue with a pediatric expert on breastfeeding. Faculty from HV CoIIN shares strategies to promote breastfeeding awareness, intention, initiation, and duration. The Rhode Island Awardee discusses tests of change and lessons learned from their participation in the CoIIN. Watch
- HV CoIIN is featured in a new case study, Assessing the Effectiveness of Technical Assistance, published by Mathematica and ASPE. The case study showcases how quality improvement can be a powerful tool to measure the effectiveness of the various TA initiates currently working to support MIECHV. Read
- ChildTrends.org mentioned HV CoIIN's work in their blog post, "Supporting continuous quality improvement in programs and services for young children." Read